The Polycystic Kidney Disease Foundation (PKD) has released Brilliant Eats, a collection of simple yet exciting recipes that were designed to help anyone affected by kidney disease.
As one component of the KidneyWise™ Nutrition Program, Brilliant Eats is dedicated to the more than 41 million Americans who are impacted by kidney disease. Author and renal dietician Kelly L. Welsh, R.D., C.D. offers dietary guidelines for PDK patients as they endure various stages of this disease.
Brilliant Eats isn’t exclusively for PKD patients though. The book’s health-conscious recipes are appealing to anyone who enjoys delicious meals made with pure foods.
- Broccoli, Sweet Potatoes and Pears is a deliciously low-calorie and unique way to enjoy these favorites and even to get kids to eat their broccoli.
- Chicken Salad with Apple and Basil is a refreshing late-summer, low-fat dish that lets you use the season’s bountiful apples and basil from the garden. The Golden Gazpacho follows the same trend, calling for ingredients readily available at farmer’s markets or in the backyard.
- Rosemary Sage Burgers with Apple Slaw and Chive “Mayo” take healthy grilling to a whole new level.
- The Turkey Meatloaf is an incredibly easy new twist on a school-night standard. This version makes wonderful next-day sandwiches too.
- No one should skip dessert. Brilliant Eats even features 20 desserts like Rhubarb Upside-Down Cake and Blackberry Cobbler so everyone can indulge.
All proceeds from sales of Brilliant Eats will benefit the PKD Foundation, the only organization, worldwide, dedicated to finding a treatment and cure for polycystic kidney disease.
Brilliant Eats is available for purchase at www.kidneywise.org, or by calling 1-800-PKD-CURE. Brilliant Eats was manufactured by Favorite Recipes Press, which has been publishing brilliant cookbooks for independent organizations and non-profits since 1961. Visit www.frpbooks.com for more information.