USA Book News has announced the winners of the 1st Annual "Best Books Awards!" Several FRP publishers were recognized in the cookbooks category.
- Honorable Mention – Roux to Do: The Art of Cooking in Southeast Louisiana by the Junior League of Greater Covington, LA
- Honorable Mention – Celebrate the Rain: Cooking with the Fresh and Abundant Flavors of the Pacific Northwest by the Junior League of Seattle, WA
- Finalist – Beach Appetit by the Junior League of the Emerald Coast, FL
- Finalist – Mad About Food by the Junior League of Madison, WI
- Finalist – Grand Temptations: Delightful Diversions from the Great Lakes State by the Junior League of Grand Rapids, MI
Titles must have been published in the year 2004 and have a barcode/ISBN. Winners in each category were announced nationwide to over 3000 newspapers, television, and radio contacts. Winners will also receive:
- An immediate two-month listing on USABookNews.com.
- An exclusive interview for USABookNews.com to be publicized to thousands of subscribers in USA Book News Monthly.
- A thirty-minute brainstorming session with PubInsider.com president, Jeffrey Bowen.
- A one-page review of their cookbook that can be printed on press releases, future back covers, and website.
- The ability to use "USA Book News - Best Books 2004!" stickers on the cover of cookbooks as well as on all promotional materials.
USA Book News Monthly, is a FREE e-zine packed with book reviews, exclusive author interviews, book links, and contests. The USA Book News homepage is www.usabooknews.com.
Since 1961, FRP has produced more than 800 titles for individuals, companies, and nonprofit organizations from coast to coast. Full support and consultation are available in the creation, production, marketing, and distribution of a cookbook. FRP is a division of Southwestern/Great American, Inc.